Saturday, May 15, 2010

porkalicious sunday

My brother and sister-in-law visited a little while ago and we hit a bunch of restaurants including Jose Garces' Amada tapas restaurant for the:

COCHINILLO ASADO FOR 4 OR MORE
Whole Roasted Suckling Pig, Grilled
Green Onions, Herb-Roasted Fingerlings,
Garbanzos con Espinacas &
Rosemary White Beans
38 per person
*must order in advance

I thought the sides were the lowlight. If I were to do it again, I would probably ask to hold the green onions, garbanzos and white beans and just get more fingerling potatoes instead (I don't know if they would do this. And this is probably not what you should do if you are interested in eating a healthy balanced diet). In contrast to the lackluster sides, the suckling pig was FANTASTIC. I have eaten a lot of roast pork in my lifetime, and this was really well executed roast pork (juicy and porky flavoured meat, melty fat layers, crispy crispy skin). Carved at the table, we wish we had gotten nibbles while impatiently waiting for chef to finish. Worth trying once.





Platter with lots of crispy skin, some skinny rib bones.


NAPOLEÓN DE MELOCOTÓN
Poached Peaches, Sheep Cheese
Mousseline, Caramelized Puff Pastry,
Peach Verbena Consommé


PASTEL CON ESCABECHE
Warm Brown Butter Cake,
Seasonal Fruit Escabeche,
subbed in Hazelnut Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment